There are three constituent parts to the protection of Smart Matrix Limited’s IP position:
Extracellular Matrix Composition: WO2007144644 (A2)
- Priority date: 15/06/2006
- Granted Europe: EP2035047 (B1)
- Granted US: US8273372 (B2)
- Covers the process for generating Smart Matrix® comprising use of fibrinogen, a coagulating agent, a bulking agent, a foaming agent and a crosslinking agent; the product generated by this process and its application in tissue engineering and wound healing.
Extracellular Matrix – Synthetic Skin Scaffold: WO2013164635 (A1)
- Priority date: 03/05/2012
- Filed in: EP, US, CA, JP, AU; granted in AU
- Covers the process for generating an optimised formulation of Smart Matrix® comprising use of fibrinogen, a coagulating agent, a bulking agent, a foaming agent and a crosslinking agent, wherein the foaming agent contains at least one sugar-surfactant; product generated using this process and its application in tissue engineering and wound healing; product with specific porosity and elastic properties, generated using the process.
1.2 Know How:
The precise formulation of Smart Matrix® and the manufacturing process details remain confidential, i.e. are a trade secret.
Smart Matrix® is a registered trademark (No: 2650438) in the classes of “Surgical, medical, dental and veterinary apparatus and instruments” and “Scientific and technological services and research and design relating thereto”.
Smart Matrix Limited - Winners of the 2016 International Life Sciences Award for Best Medical Implant & Technology Research Group
Smart Matrix Limited – Winner of the 2016 ACQ5 Global Award for UK Gamechanger of the Year – Ms Leonor Stjepic
Smart Matrix Limited – Winner of the 2016 ACQ5 Global Award for UK - Company of the Year
Smart Matrix Limited – Winner of the 2016 Healthcare and Life Sciences Award